LoverofRomance

Golden Surrender

Golden Surrender - Heather Graham Erin Mac Aed, daughter of the Irish king. Erin, is the one of the few of her siblings that has remained unmarried. Erin is also a favorite of her father, who has spoiled her throughout the years. Erin has learned how to fight with swords and the like from her brothers, whom she loves dearly. When the Lord of Wolves invades Ireland, she encounters him and her hatred for the man deepens, for all those on her side that have been killed, a couple that were dear to her and she blames Olaf for it. Now a year later, her father demands that she marry Olaf of Norway, so they can have a powerful alliance against the Danes. However Erin hates having to join with her enemy, but the passion the Olaf ingnites in Erin weakens her resolve and steals into her heart.Golden Surrender is the first installment in the Viking Saga written by Heather Graham. I have read only historicals from this author, and I love them, and Golden Surrender is my favorite so far from her books that she has written. I have read Golden Surrender before but it has been a while, and since I saw this on the library shelf, I decided to pick it up since I was in the mood for this type of story. Its a powerfully written love story, back in the medieval age around 900 A.D. I find that there aren't that many books that are written in this era, and so I love to read every one that I can get my hands on, because I find it so fascinating, especially the Viking people. Throughout this story, we learn what kind of people they were, even though they could very well be barbarians, they had a passion for life and for their beliefs.There was only one problem I had with the story, was Erin, her character, it just seemed to me that she was too strong, and had so much hatred within her and treated Olaf pretty horribly, but as the story progressed I loved seeing the change within her. Both of these characters are stubborn, loyal and strong personalities, so they definitely clash especially at the beginning of the story. But as the love between them depends, so does this passionate love story. Golden Surrender is on my list of favorite romances, and one well worth reading for any romance lover.