LoverofRomance

The Sweetest Sin

The Sweetest Sin - Mary Reed Mccall Aileana McDonnel, ever since her older sister had stolen the sacred amulet, she has been the keeper of the amulet most of her life. Always kept in her room for safekeeping and only allowed out for certain special occassions, Aileanna has lived in solitude, but craves something more. But now the MacRae's have attacked her clan, looking for the amulet. Knowing that they are rumored to be viscious and merciless she knows she must protect it, especially after seeing her father killed. So she barely managed to escape before she is captured once more by none other than Duncan MacRae, who seeks revenge on the MacDonnells, ever since Morgana MacDonnell stole the amulet and took away everything that he held dear including his wife. Now he captured the MacDonnell beauty, until she reveals the location of the amulet, but in return for him not killing her brothers, who survived the raid, she must become Duncan's leman. But despite each others need to stay distanced from one another, there is a sensual magnitism between them that neither one of them can deny, and a love unforseen that will bind them together.The Sweetest Sin is such a tender and poignant romantic story. I have really enjoyed reading from this author, and I just love all of her books and especially her covers, definitely some of my favorites :) The Sweetest Sin takes places in the medieval time period, up in the Scottish Highlands, and is a story about two warring clans, after one betrayed the other, and how two souls destined to be drawn together by fate, and a love worth fighting for. Its a tender love story, with witty characters and a plot that will take you to new heights of adventure and passion. I found that this is to be one of my favorites of this author, and I could definitely re read it. Definitely a romantic love story you wouldn't want to miss out on!!!