LoverofRomance

My Wicked Little Lies (Sinful Family Secrets)

My Wicked Little Lies (Sinful Family Secrets) - Victoria Alexander Evelyn, has The Life, married with a adoring husband, parties and friends, and nothing could bring a dark cloud over her happiness, until her past comes back to haunt her. Evelyn once was a spy who worked for the british government, but gave that all up when she married, and now they need her again, only she despises herself for having to be forced to lie to her husband, the love of her life, but when a old beau comes back into her life, she doesn't know who she will really choose. Adrian, although a gentleman once had a secret life in his past as well, but that kind of life is history, until his wife starts acting a bit odd, and he is determined to find out why. When he discovers what is really going on, he decides to play a game with Evelyn, one that could bring in a danger to them both that neither of them could foresee, and with test the bounds of their love.....
My Wicked Little Lies, is the second in this series, and I have seen this one on the shelves for months, and even though its been a while since I have read from this author, I thought why not?? So the minute I got home I started reading, and it caught my attention from the very first chapter, and held it until the very last. I have to say this is probably one of my favorite books so far from this author. I have always loved all the other books that I had read previous by Alexander, however this one I think tops them all. I have a certain weakness for spy stories, especially in a historical romance, and the setting was just perfect. I just loved how the characters in the book, had already fallen in love, and takes places two years after they get married, and we see a lovely story unravel, with an thrilling plot, that curled my toes with anticipation, the characters strongly portrayed and so endearing one couldn't help but fall in love with Evelyn and Adrian and even the side characters as well. I think one of my favorite aspects of this book, is how Evelyn is very strong willed but not too strong, just enough that just wanted me to shout "You go Girl"!!! Adrian is very Alpha at times and very stubborn and it was almost comical watching these two hash it out at different segments throughout the story. Overall a beautifully written story, with a balanced flow, well written characters, and a plot that will steal your breath and .....your heart! Definitely a Keeper!!!!