LoverofRomance

Love With a Perfect Cowboy: A Cupid, Texas Novel

Love With a Perfect Cowboy: A Cupid, Texas Novel - Lori Wilde Luke and Melody both fell in love in their teens, but their families that had a feud that could rival Romeo and Juliet's family feud. Even though Luke and Melody had strong feelings for each other, they couldn't risk the wrath of their families which they felt a portion of when Luke's brother ends up killed in a accident and they are blamed. So Melody leaves Cupid, and heads to New York to pursue her dreams. So she leaves and focuses on her career. Now years have passed, and Melody has set up a life for herself, but when her boss fires her for being too honest, and her boyfriend dumps her all in one day, she thinks it can't get any worse, until Luke strolls into her life asking for her help to save Cupid. Cupid, even though a small town, she stills cares about the quaint town, and the people that live there. So feeling that she has no other option, she decides to join Luke in trying to save the town, it doesn't help matters when he starts seducing her again, and her walls around her around start to come falling down, when she begins to dream of having a future with the only cowboy that ever held her heart, but will they be able to face the fires of fury from their families when the truth comes out?

Love With A Perfect Cowboy is a wonderful addition to the Cupid Texas Series by Lori Wilde. I do love romances with a twist, and this book has a big one. This story emulates Romeo and Juliet's family feud only, there is a HEA eventually. I really love the way this story was written. The Family Feud adds quite a bit intense conflict to the story. From the beginning in the story we see a connection between Luke and Melody, but Melody fears falling in love with him again, because their first time ended up in disaster. But she is determined to save her hometown at any cost.

Luke is one sexy cowboy, confident, likes control, mayor of the town, and set on seducing his first love. What is more romantic right? Melody is independent and willful, and passionate. I enjoyed seeing these two come together, and how fun they can be together. Their connection is instantaneous but because of their families, they don't let themselves accept their feelings until they are ready to risky all for love. I love how emotional this story got. My only complaint is the inconsistency of the plot. It feel like at times I was fully into it, and then at other times I couldn't put it down. One of my favorite aspects of the story was the setup of the story. I do love a conflict that just pulls you instantly into the story. And let me tell you if you adore conflicts just as I do, this story is packed with conflict from beginning to end. And the ending is Magnifique and mind blowing!! A beautiful story about true love that conquers all even a feuding family, where Luke and Melody may be the key to bringing peace to the families. A story full of passion, zest, and a sweet love story to bring tears to your eyes!!