LoverofRomance

The Immortal Highlander

The Immortal Highlander - Karen Marie Moning Adam Black is a immortal Faery being, who has lived for centuries. However then he is cursed and stripped of his powers and turned into a mortal, and invisible to all. He is desperate to find a way to reverse the curse, for he despises being invisible and having no abilities than a mere mortal. Gabrielle O'Callaghan has the ability to see things that a normal mortal could never hope to see; for she has the ability to see Faeries in their natural form as they roam the earth. Her grandmother had the same abilities and trained her to never let them know of it, since they are the last of their kind. She would be in great danger if even one Faery were to find out of her abilities. One night coming home from work, she views one laying on a bench and she is utterly captivated by this highly sensual being who mesmerizes and stirs up her senses. Then Adam notices that a young woman is looking at him, and he shockingly realizes that this is the one person that can save him, for she is the only one that can see him. At first Gabrielle is terrified of this being, whom she knows can destroy her in a heart beat, for she has read all about their special gifts and powers. In the book about Faery's her grandmother gave her, are tales of Faeries and their exploits and she is scared to death of them; however there is something different about Adam Black. Adam Black sticks to her side like glue and crumbling down her defenses by bringing her breakfast in bed, and doing hours and hours of work for her, and saving her life. For after she does a deed for Adam trying to talk to one of his people for help, they are now being hunted and they have to shift from place to place. Adam is more convinced than ever than his old rival is breaking their laws and hunting him and Gabrielle whom he knows he needs to protect at all costs. He can't see any of his people, only she has the ability. Adam finds himself relying on her abilities more and more. The more Gabrielle and Adam get to know one another, the closer they become and stronger the desire between them builds. Gabrielle has never known such passion as she has felt with Adam; for he is a mesmerizing being who captivates her and brings her to a sensual plane the likes of which she has never known. However there is a danger that is hunting them, and they must use every resource they can to keep from being destroyed!

I was captivated all the while reading this book, I love reading Karen Marie Moning, this is only the second book that I have read from her, and I think I am beginning to fall in love with her stories; especially this one. It left me eager to read the rest of her books, hoping they are just as genuinely intense as this one seemed to be. It was filled with desire, wit, suspenseful action that leaves the reader on the edge of their seats, and a timeless magic that leaves you breathless for more. Gabrielle has such inner strength, all she wants is to get married and have a family. She has never been able to find a stable man that could accept her and her gifts. Then walks in Adam Black the most mesmerizing and sensual man she has ever met and one that she is surprised has a physical reaction to her. Despite the danger the surrounds them, she finds herself falling head over heels in love with him, despite the fact that he has lost his soul and tends to be tormented at times. Any reader will of course fall in love with Adam Black, pure Alpha male and everything that goes with it. I definitely found this character to be irresistible, and wished I had someone like him to come home to LOL. However a woman can dream can't she? But on a more serious note, I definely found this a emotionally intriguing read, that I purely thrived on and loved every moment of reading it.