LoverofRomance

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage - Jennifer Ashley Isabella six years ago, shocked everyone including her own family, when she married Mac Mackenzie, and since then their marriage has been stormy to say the least. Despite the fact that they both love each other, they each hurt each other, and its a never ending cycle. Now after having been separated for three years, Mac enters back into Isabella's life, much to her dismay. She wonders what game he is playing at, but the more he appears in her life, the more she becomes convinced that he is sincere in wanting her wholly into her life. However she remembers the pain they have both suffered in the past, and her fears holds her back from embracing their marriage as it was in the beginning. But with all the turbulent storms that are rising between them, there is also a danger that could threaten both of them.Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage is the second installment in the Highland Pleasures series. After reading the first one The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, it was a delight to finally read Isabella and Mac's story. I found both of these characters a delight, and loved seeing both sides to their story. Both Isabella and Mac have suffered pain and loss, and having caused pain to one another, but they are also very deep and were brought out vividly throughout the story, that I felt I got to know them both as separate individuals, which was a treat. I have adored reading this story, as much as I adored the first one in the series. There was the perfect mixture of passion, intrigue, danger, and love that brought out a delectable story that had me until the very last page. Truly a romance that was heartfelt throughout the whole by this reader!!!

My Favorite Quote:
"It is a game, my love," He held her gaze " It is the most serious game I have ever engaged in. And I intend to win it. I will have you back Isabella--in my life, in my house, and in my bed,"