LoverofRomance

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake - Sarah MacLean Lady Calpurnia Hartwell has lived a life of always living by the rule book, never breaking any rules especially that in society, and yet she is still unmarried. So deciding that she wants some changes in her life, she writes a list of nine things that she wants to do, that she has always wanted to that she feels she has missed out on now that she feels that she is on the shelf; but because she is a woman, she is restricted to respectable activities. But as she starts crossing items off of her list, she starts to see that she has a partner in her list of daring things, who is none other than Gabriel St John, the Marquess of Ralston, who is too charming and wicked for his own good. But as the risks of her adventures escalates so does the passion that ignites between them, that starts to blossom into a love that will come up behind them and surprise them in ways that they never expected.

Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake by Sarah Maclean, was purely wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it and had it read in just under a few hours, I found it to be such a enthralling romance that had me resisting to ever putting it down despite the bruised elbows (since my favorite position is to read on my stomach) And I think one of my favorite things about their relationship is the witty interchange between the two and had me amused till the very end of the book. Also the plot was truly entertaining. We have Callie, who has always obeyed the society rules, which have brought her only loneliness and a yearning for dreams and desires and that fear that they will never be fulfilled. So she starts writing a list of things that no respectable lady would ever do, and would cause a scandal. Such as Fence, Attending a Duel, Gambling at a Gentlemans Club (where women are never allowed), but she somehow adopts a companion that protects her reputation yet steals sensual embraces that would cause anyone sensible to blush the roots of a carrot. Yet there is a strong connection between these two characters that are so enjoyable to see progess throughout this story that leaves the reader breathless with anticipation with every page turned. I truly have enjoyed reading this story and am looking forward to reading the next one in the series, I can hardly wait!!!! Sarah MacLean is such a remarkable writer into historical romance, that no one would want to miss out on!!!