LoverofRomance

What Happens in Scotland

What Happens in Scotland - Jennifer McQuiston When Georgette awakens in the arms of a naked stranger, she is stunned to discover that she has no memory of the previous evening. She has no idea how she got into a strange bed but apparently she has done some pretty scandalous things...and then she finds a ring on her finger....and in a fit of panic she hits her new apparent husband over the head with a chamber pot and abandons him and flees. When Georgette returns home, she finds that her memory is starting to slowly return....like she has to put the pieces together....so she starts investigating trying to find out the identity of her "new" husband. But when she finally does find him....she finds out he has been trying to find her because he believes her to be a thief, and doubts that they are truly really married....as they together search to find out the truth....there is something powerful building between them....and they start to wonder if and when they find out if they are truly married....will they both want to stay married?What Happens In Scotland was a fun and adventurous romance novel....and I am so grateful and Avon and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this and be able to review it. When I first saw the cover....I was thinking "This Is A Must Read", it just drew me in and the moment I was the Synopsis, I was hooked, I started reading it, and I was amazed by how much I loved it. Jennifer McQuistion is a new author...and I just loved her style of writing. It was witty, and crazy, and a breath of fresh air. Most historical aren't very comical without ruining the whole plot...however I loved how McQuiston just put everything together, and how smoothly the story flowed and synced together to make a truly magical love story that will put at the readers heartstrings. There were quite a few things I loved about this story. One of the first was how Georgette just bangs her new husband over the head with a chamber pot (now that was pure genius) and I definitely laughed my head off at that one, and I just loved the creative way Georgette goes about to find her Husband....there were so many things that made me laugh and just got me more into the story. I also loved how Georgette and James interact with each other. At first they are enemies...and then friends...who turn into lovers....and there is definitely some twists and turns...and as always...a Villian who really makes things happen....Overall A Delightful Read that will make you eager for more from this debut author!