LoverofRomance

Silk Is For Seduction

Silk Is For Seduction - Loretta Chase Marcelline, a very talented dressmaker, who has spent most of her life trying to make a good life for herself, her sisters and her young daughter. Out of the three sisters, Marcelline's strength is in the drawing and her wide imagination to create beautiful creations. As the oldest of the three, she has responsibilites. When she hears of Duke of Clevedon's engagement, she knows this is her chance to become the most well known dressmaker in all of London. So she confronts the Duke in Paris, and convinces him in the most uncoventional way to see things her way. Clevedon has always known his fiancee, Clara, he has loved her most of his life. He knows its time for him to marry her like he promised, so while in Paris he plans on sowing the rest of his oats before then. But when he see's Marcelline he is utterly captivated by her. And as the wedding date gets closer, the more he wants to keep Marcelline in his life, but knowing he has to put duty above love...Silk Is For Seduction is the first book that I have read from this author in a very long while. So I kept putting it off not knowing if I would enjoy it or not. Now I am thinking I should have read it when I first got it. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit and it was a bit different type of story that I really liked. I really loved the interaction between the two characters. I also enjoyed the mini side story as well. I found myself really liking the unique style of this story. I loved how bold and daring Marcelline could be, she definitely had my vote. Clevedon is one of those heroes that you just can't help but fall in love with. He is so sweet and attentive at times, it just made me smile. I really was charmed by his manner toward her. There were many different things I liked about this story. I really loved how dedicated Marcelline was to building a life for herself, I truly enjoyed how Clevedon treated others, and how he would always try to do the right thing. I also loved the witty humor and the tender romance that will charm you.