LoverofRomance

A Perfect Knight For Love

A Perfect Knight For Love - Jackie Ivie I had heard some good things about this book, so I was excited to read from a new author, and I find myself feeling very disappointed. After trying to get into it for almost three days, I just couldn't get myself to finish the book. I read 2/3 of it, and even though there were a few things that occurred in the story that totally cracked me up. For most of it, I felt out of place while reading it. I think part of it was the flow of the plot was jagged and uneven and I had a hard time keeping up, and I only ended up confused. Also what also confused me is the dialogue. I have read many scottish highland historicals, and this was the first time it rattled my brain so much. I did however like Amalie, and at times I liked Thayne, but part of me just couldn't fall for him. I started out wanting to enjoy it, and it only ended up being a chore to read. So after three long days of trying to get into it, I just gave up, especially since there are many books on my plate that I need to get read. However I think I will try another book by this author sometime. I hope my next experience trying her out will be a ton better.