LoverofRomance

Shadower

Shadower - Catherine Spangler I have loved reading this series, its the first futuristic romantic series that I have read, and I am definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Moriah, grew up with no freedoms of her own, and had to learn to take care of herself and her younger sister Celie. When she is free from her father and a man he sold her to that used her for his own pleasures, she sets up a small colony of women. But she knows she has to find a way to support them. Which is where she ends up meeting Sabin. Sabin finds himself at Giza's, a hellhole of a bar. Where he comes face to face with Moriah, who is a dark red haired beauty. When a fight breaks out, with Mariah in the middle, and he saves her life and heals her wounds on his ship, she is far from grateful. All Mariah can think about is the smuggling deal that has to go through no matter the cost. Sabin doesn't trust Mariah, any futher than he can throw her. But as they journey together, passions between them ignite, and despite the fact that Mariah has despised the sexual act, there is a sensual fire that flames up that she can't bother to deny. But there is a secret about Sabin's life work that may tear apart what they have built.

I truly loved this book, there were so many times that I laughed the whole way through. Both characters Sabin and Mariah are stubborn to a fault, and too much alike that tempers flare out without the slightest provocation. It was enjoyable to see how they slowly get drawn together, despite the danger and intrigue that surrounds them. From the first page to the last page, I was thoroughly entertained. There were a few moments, where I got frustrated with the dialogue, since there were moments in the book that seemed too similiar. But other than that, I truly enjoyed this book, it was well written, with witty dialogue between Sabin and Moriah. The passion of course was very heated and will make your reading glasses fog up!!! I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.