LoverofRomance

My Wicked Marquess

My Wicked Marquess - Gaelen Foley, James Griffin Now that Max is back from his mission in europe with his time, he feels its time to settle down, get married and have a family, especially after giving the majority of his life in service to his country. At first he has a list of potential future wives that would suit his needs, that is, until he see's Daphne Starling, and he knows that she will be His. Even though Daphne has recently been jilted, he is drawn to her in a way that even he can't explain to himself. Daphne, has recently nearly been ruined by a past suitor, and she doesn't know what her future holds, until she meets the Marquess of Rotherstone, who is very charming and seductive, and she knows she could easily fall under his spell, and although they share an intimacy she has never known, she just doesn't know if she can trust him, when she knows he is hiding something from her......
Since I have been reading the series out of order, I have been wanting to read Max's story, and I was so glad that I did. The only real negative aspect of the story...was that it took a bit to get into the book, but once I did I was really into it, and it was just as fun and enticing as Foley's other works. It was interesting to see Max develop in the story, much more than we see Daphne develop. Max has alot against him, much of which he kinda does to himself a bit, but it was neat to see him change from a sexy but aloof and withdrawn man, to someone that is what Daphne really needs. Another aspect that I really liked was the way Max and Daphne connected, very intense and sensual yet had a perfect balance of excitement and romance to even it all out...a very enjoyable read!