LoverofRomance

My Notorious Gentleman

My Notorious Gentleman - Gaelen Foley I recently received a ARC copy of My Notorious Gentleman by Avon through Edelweiss. I can not say how much I enjoyed reading this one. If you have yet to read one of her stories, you are missing out...big time!! There is nothing I like better than sitting down, relaxing, and reading a romance from Gaelen Foley. Such remarkable talent and drama and intensity, its bound to captive you from the get go. My Notorious Gentleman is the sixth of the series, but I am not sure if its the last one, in fact I am thinking there might be a next installment considering it had a small bit of a cliffhanger. Only small enough that has me intrigued.

Grace is a ministers daughter, and as such, she has a desire to help others. When she finds herself in London, helping a family friend from drinking and gambling his life away, she comes across Lord Trevor Montgomery, who has the mistaken impression that she is after him, and practically seduces her on a couch, and what is a woman to do except defend herself and attack him with a hair pin. Then later at the party her father introduces her to him, and now she has no idea what to think of him. But when her father encourages him to buy a piece of property that is right next door, she is appalled, that is the last thing that she needs, a man who is more tempting than anything she has ever encountered. Travis, has decided to retire fully from the War Office, he has dedicated his whole life to serving his country, and now he is ready for peace and contentment. When he goes to the countryside, and finds the perfect place, he is intrigued by Grace. She may be a pastor's daughter, but she is beautiful and has a heart of gold. Grace doesn't understand why Travis is so interested in her. But when life seems to spiral out of control, he is her rock and more than anything she desires to have him forever.

A completely memorable story with fascinating characters that only end up capturing your heart. A heart warming and deeply riveting story of a tender and romantic love between this pair that warmed me up inside and out. I loved the setting of the story, and there was so much I enjoyed about this. It didn't have a whole ton of intense espionage drama like you are used to with this series. However it did have some suspenseful moments that will definitely get your attention. A remarkably written story, and this just might have to go on as top of the list of favorites from this author. An enriching and passionate love tale that is bound to stir up all kinds of emotions. A KEEPER!!