LoverofRomance

The Seduction of Elliot McBride

The Seduction of Elliot McBride - Jennifer Ashley Juliana has been engaged for quite some time, even though its not to the man she truly desires. Then on her wedding day, her fiancee jilts her for his piano teacher without even informing her of his plans, with over two hundred people waiting for them in the chapel. So when she seeks a few peaceful moments, she ends up finding Elliot Mcbride, who has recently returned. She surprises even herself, when she proposes to him, and then he actually says "yes". She knows it won't be a easy union, with Elliot having been a prisoner for quite some time. But she has always loved him, and wants to be his wife more than anything. Elliot, is thrilled with Juliana proposes to him, he has always wanted her, but lately has never felt worthy of her. Elliot has demons and nightmares, and feels like he is almost half mad. But he also knows that he could never let her go when she falls right into his lap. What is a Scot to do? As they start their life together, the road is dangerous and full of twists and turns, but a burning passion builds between Elliot and Juliana. One that turns from a fierce desire to a explosive love that could very well save them both.The Seduction of Elliot McBride is the fifth installment in the series. I just fell in love with the previous books...however this one fell a bit short. Don't get me wrong though, it was a fun and easy read, the kind you can relax into, but it didn't fully grasp me, and had me at every page like the previous books in the series had. I really enjoyed the plot and the characters. Elliot, has suffered much in the past, including being a prisoner and still barely sane. He is a very passionate man though, he can't stop making love to his wife. And some of the bed scenes were very playful and fun and I know this is bad...but I almost laughed, they could be quite humorous. Juliana, is very supportive of Elliot, and fully accepts his illegitimate daughter into her home. She doesn't believe Elliot is mad, just trying to heal. The side characters were also fun to see with their little quirks of personalities that just added a flair to the story. I also got to see a bit more of the Mackenzie family, which is always a delight. I enjoyed how vivid the characters emotions were portrayed throughout the story. It almost felt like they were real, and I could feel what they were feeling...it was so intense at times. Of course there is still Ashley's sharp wit and brilliant writing talent, that is ever present...so no worries on that front. The flow for the most part was pretty smooth like touching glass. Very emotionally provoking on every page. Overall a very romantic and poignant love story that will just enchant you and sweep you away into a world of seduction, danger, intrigue, and a intense love story. A winner!