LoverofRomance

Seducing the Governess

Seducing the Governess - Margo Maguire Mercy, after her mother dies she knows that she needs to find some work, so she finds a position as a governess with the only staff as retired soldiers....oh boy...Mercy has no idea what she has gotten herself into. Mercy however is charmed by her young charge, a shy and reserved girl who has recently lost both her parents and now lives with a uncle who has barely spoken a word to her. In the beginning when Mercy arrives, there is a spark between herself and Nash her employer, and after they share a sizzling kiss that could curl ones toes, she just knows that she could be in trouble thats for sure....for she knows there can never be a happy ending for her if she falls in love with Nash...There are some books I enjoy from this author and others I don't like very much and I have to say that this is one of her books I liked the least. I felt as I was reading it that it felt choppy and not put together and flowed smoothly as I though it could have been. Although I did like the plot and story line well enough, I felt I had to force myself to get through it and I didn't enjoy reading this book much, and I honestly thought I would really love it. I just have always loved historical romances that deal with governess however I found myself tempted to skim the pages but I wanted to give it a good shot....even though there were small parts I enjoyed it just wasn't enough to be a average read for me. I am usually not very strict when it comes to books...but when I read a book that I have to force myself to read and it takes me some time that it just isn't worth reading. Although I would still recommend read this author on occasion since some of her books are quite well written but this one just wasn't enough for me....