LoverofRomance

The Marrying Season

The Marrying Season - Candace Camp Genevieve, knows that it is time to get married. So she accepts an offer, but then the worst happens. During a ball, she receives a note from a friend, to meet in a private room to discuss something of great importance. When she arrives however, she finds herself being attacked by a man she is acquainted with, who is drunk and as she tries to fight him off, ends up being seen by numerous members of the Ton. Now she is embroiled in a scandal, and her fiancee rejects her in front of others in the most unscrupulous way. Then Myles, a friend of her brothers, makes a respectable offer to her of marriage. Even though at first she refuses to to accept his offer. The last thing that she wants to do is hurt Myles. But she knows she doesn't have many options, she she accepts his offer. At first she doesn't know what to make of this marriage. She cares deeply for Myles, but he has known her since she was a little girl. Genevieve starts to have mixed feelings about Myles, she is starting to feel much more for Myles than she ever did before. Now she is starting to feel a deep desire for Myles, he has awakened her senses and she she knows she risks losing her heart to him. I haven't read Canace Camp in quite some time, so when Edelweiss offered me this ARC copy to read and review, I was overly excited. I just have loved every book that I have read from this author so far. So I was so excited to read this especially after reading the blurb. It took a chapter or two to get into the story, and then once I really got into it, I was fully enthralled. I found it difficult to put down. Genevieve I found to be a very endearing character, and I was on her side through most of the story. Among most people she seems to carry the image of being ice cold, when she isn't the most social of people. She is more shy than anything, (which I find I can relate with a bit :). So I really enjoyed seeing her come out of her shell throughout the story. From the start I fell for Myles, he is the type of hero you just want for yourself. He is very honorable, and caring but still has a strong and protective personality. I really loved how these two were together, it was so sweet and tender at times. But they surely did know how to argue and fight...so much so that it was widely entertaining and amusing. There were many things that I loved about The Marrying Scandal. One is the intriguing plot that had some mysterious elements and even some suspenseful moments involved. Second were the depth of the characters and how well their emotions and actions were portrayed throughout the story. Also there were definitely sparks flying between these two that just sizzled and danced. A Lovely story that is full of everything that you need for a satisfying tale of romance. A True Treasure!