LoverofRomance

Lair of the Lion

Lair of the Lion - Christine Feehan Isabella is in desperate need to save her brother who has been captured and tortured, and goes to the only Don she knows that is powerful enough to help her. Full of courage and strength she heads up to his valley, rumored to be ridden with lions, she knows she could very well perish, but desperation and fear for her brother keeps her going forward until she makes it to his home...his lair. After meeting the rumored beast, Don Nicolaie DeMarco, she makes a pact with him, his help in rescuing her brother in exchange to marriage with Nicolae. Isabella knowing that she doesn't have much choice, other than letting her brother die, she agrees and with that agreement a desire is awakened in them both. Although Nicolae is lethal, Isabella, even though she fears him at times, starts to see the good parts of him, and slowly starts to fall in love with him, and put all her trust in him despite the danger that he poses to her....in her mind Love is powerful enough to conquer any curse that could destroy them....Lair Of The Lion is a single title by Christine Feehan, and as this is probably my favorite paranormal author, I couldn't resist reading it, even though its not a part of any of her wonderful series, this still had the same ring of sensuality, danger and intriguing plot....and having just finished it, was a bit disappointed to see it end. I could hardly keep myself away from this one and read it in only a few hours. Lair of the Lion is a story that takes place in the Italian Alps, and is mixed with folklore and definitely goes under the category of "Beauty and the Beast" where two people are consumed by a inflaming passion that turns into a powerful love...such a remarkable read and I am so glad that I was able to read this one. Definitely gets a score of 5 for me...there was nothing about this story that I didn't like....Feehan definitely held me captivated from beginning to end!!!

My Favorite Quote
"You haven't forgiven me yet, " he observed thoughtfully. "I thought we had dispensed with your unfavorable opinion of me,"
She managed her haughtiest tone "I see nothing in my behavior that would lead you to believe that. I was merely polite, as good breeding commands,"
"Really," His voice low, one eyebrow shooting up. Nicolai simply reached out, almost in slow motion, his palm curling slowly around the nape of her neck. Fire raced through her body at the touch of his lips on hers. Every muscle clenched tightly. His lips moved against hers, a slow teasing of senses, awakening her to a world of sensuality.