LoverofRomance

The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife - Lynsay Sands Avelyn has always known she isn't the most slender of women, and on her wedding day is determined to look slip and beautiful, what every man wants. So she is shocked to discover that she can't fit into her wedding dress, and ends up binding herself to the point where she faints at the alter and lands in her groom's arms. To say she feels humiliated and ashamed is a understatement. But then on the journey to her new home, strange yet cruel things start to happen to her that makes her believe her marriage to Paen is cursed. Paen, after coming home after the crusades, is ready to settle down and get married,secretly hoping his wife is curvy and sensual and one to keep warm with at night. Paen starts to discover that Avelyn is not what he ever expected, and despite the twists and turns and unexpected surprises, he is starting to fall hard for her........

The Perfect Wife is the first that I have read of her historicals, and even though it wasn't my favorite book of hers, it was a very enjoyable read. The Perfect Wife is a story about a newly married couple with a lot of bad luck working against them, but somehow end up falling madly in love...even though I felt both characters were both naive, and didn't have alot of inner strength, and it wasn't until the latter half of the book that I started to really get into the story. Another downside to the story was the dialogue between Paen and Avelyn, at first I thought it would get better, but it just stayed the same, with nothing to excite the reader at all. I will probably read more of her historicl's since there were aspects of the story I did like, but overall just an average romance that doesn't exactly appeal to the reader as a stellar romance, but will probably give her other historicals a chance since I love her Paranormal series.