LoverofRomance

Love and Other Scandals

Love and Other Scandals - Caroline Linden I recently discovers Caroline Linden has a well talented author. I have only read one of her books so far, but loved every moment of it. I was very excited when I saw that Love and Other Scandals was available for review through Avon and Edelweiss. The cover alone made me dizzy with excitement. One of the small aspects of the book that I enjoyed, was that in the book the heroine really does where a beautiful gold gown, just like on the cover. It doesn't happen too often, where the cover is what the book is described as. As far as I know this one isn't part of a series, but maybe it will be in the future. I could definitely see potential to see more books connected to this one. I found that Love and other Scandals was a stirring romance tale that enraptures the reader.

We see a story that begins with seeing when Joan and Tristan first meet when they are children. Tristan is Joan's brothers best friend, and she finds him a rascal yet charming. Years later, they have both matured and grown up. Tristan had to take over his title when his parents are killed when he is young. Now his reputation is well known all over London as a rake and a scoundrel, and Joan's mother has forbidden her to even dance with him. But one evening, Joan can't resist the temptation, and dances with Tristan, and before she knows it, he is taking her on adventures and sharing sensual embraces with her, and she finds herself falling in love with the man. Tristan may have the reputation of a rake, but he is anything but. He loves pleasure however there is much more to him than meets the eye. He knows that he is perfect for Joan, she completes him in a way that amazes him, he just knows he must have her, but he will have to convince her first of his sincerity and his love.

I found Love and Scandals to be a breathtaking tale of sweeping tale of adventure, true love, and makes Regency England come alive with Lindens writing. I found myself falling in love with these characters, there is such a instant passion between the two, but not only that but a bond of friendship forms, and the way the author writes, it is so vividly enchanting, that only captures the readers attention from the beginning. I have to say that I am behind on reading this author. Love and Other Scandals is one of my favorites, and I could help but be swept away by this charming story that won me over from page one. I fully recommend this to anyone that enjoys a fun and witty regency love story.