LoverofRomance

The Governess Club: Louisa

The Governess Club: Louisa - Ellie Macdonald Louisa Brockhurst is on the run, every time her past comes closer to haunt her, she leaves. So she abandons her closest friends, and decide to make a fresh start, and she finds herself at a local inn asking John Taylor for a job . John Taylor, is a retired prizefighter, who has built this inn from the ground up and is proud in his establishment, but he knows it needs work. When he sees Louisa walk into his place, and asking for a job, he knows she is the answer to his prayers. He needs someone to help care for inn, and even though she isn't very adept as a maid, he sees a passion and fire within her that he can't wait to ignite. As John and Louisa get a comfortable routine going on, they know that there is a dangerous desire building between them. And just when Louisa starts getting comfortable, fate gets her say, and her past comes back to haunt her, but will she be able to face her past with John at her side or will she go on the run again and leave the one man that holds her heart?

Louisa is the fourth installment of the Governess Club. In the previous books we have seen a sisterhood of these four women, and Louisa is the one that I least understood. After, recently having read Sara I was very intrigued by how Louisa's story would go. I will be honest, I had a hard time with Louisa as a character. She isn't easy to like, she has a very harsh side and can be a bit demeaning to others, I couldn't really connect with her much at least until the end. Now the hero of the story: John, well I adored him. He was way too good for Louisa. He was a good sport, and had such patience and understanding with Louisa, and he is the type of hero that is good for Louisa. He isn't afraid to show his true feelings toward Louisa, and is willing to fight for her and fight with her to gain her trust and respect. He is tough and resilient and his character just appealed to me so much. I think it was the way he held himself and the way he was with Louisa, who made me want to wring her neck. She tended to get on my nerves, but John, as a character has a calming effect on the reader, and made it worth the read. I will say I did eventually like Louisa, but not till the very end.

I really liked the way this story was formed though, the plot was well built up and I felt like it had a solid foundation. Even though I had issues with the heroine, I really liked everything else about the story. It had some interesting scenes that take place, that keep you entrenched in the story. I liked seeing how this series wraps up in the end, and you might need a few tissues for the ending!! A HEARTWARMING ROMANCE!!