LoverofRomance

The Healer

The Healer - Allison Butler So when I first saw the cover of The Healer....I was WOWZED!! I just want to look at that back all day...very yummy. I love my highlander romances, and when I was able to get a chance to read this, I was super excited to try this author out. Allison Butler is new to the writers world, and this is her second book. I have yet to read the first, but definitely that is in the plans in the near future. The Healer is a powerful and riveting story that had me from the beginning. Laird William has lost most of his family and has blamed all the 'healers' for it. He only has one surviving brother, who is injured, when he meets Lynelle, he watches her every move as she starts to care for his brother. She agrees to live in his home for a time, to aide his brother in return for her step brothers freedom. But chemistry begins to burst between these two, and before long they share a tender passion that develops into a sweet love for each other. This story had me from the beginning, and even though it is a shorter book, it didn't feel like it was too rushed like short romances tend to be most of the time. The author did a great job with the pacing of the story and well developed characters. The setting was fabulous, and it was obvious that the author had done her homework as the details was pretty accurate in a historical point of view. I loved seeing a bit of history come to life within these pages. A phenomenal read that completely captivated me!! STUNNING ROMANCE!!