LoverofRomance

How to Run with a Naked Werewolf

How to Run with a Naked Werewolf - Molly Harper Originally Posted on my Website Addicted To Romance

Anna is cautious of making friends or hooking up with handsome strangers in need. Anna has been on the run and in hiding for quite some time, from her husband who tended to be controlling and abusive. She will do anything except return to him. While working in a non sequential town, working at a grocery store, on her way home, she finds a injured man who is unconscious and in need of help. So despite her misgivings, she knows that she can't leave him to die. So she helps him, and realizes that he is a werewolf, when his injuries heal way faster than any injury should ever heal. Anna once works in a clinic among a werewolf pack, so she can see the signs, but keeps the knowledge to herself. In return for aiding him, Caleb offers her a ride in his truck for a while. Anna reluctantly accepts, and despite wanting to protect her heart, she finds herself melting under his gaze. Caleb is sexy and charming and despite his gruff manner, she is drawn to him in a way she doesn't really understand. Caleb is on a current job when he runs into Anna, and he can tell that she is on the run from something, but there is something inherently special about Anna and there is a bond forming between each other, a bond that is more powerful than either of them have ever known.

How To Run With A Naked Werewolf is the third in the Naked Werewolf series by Molly Harper. This is the first time I have been able to read this author. I was given a copy of a ARC in return of a honest review through Edelweiss and Pocket Books. I have to say that after reading this, I am very impressed with this authors style of writing. It had such a flirtatious and light manner to it. Even though there is some big conflicts involved in the story, there was still a sense of playfulness and lightheartedness to the story that made it very entertaining from the beginning to the last pages. Most paranormals I have read usually have a more serious tone to the story, but in this one, I didn't really get that vibe at all. It did have a sense of danger at times, and there is a secret that Anna is hiding. Despite that however, my impression of the story overall was pure enjoyment and fun.

The characters in this story were so endearing and addicting. I just wanted more and more of them. Caleb is a sexy werewolf, fun and playful and very touchy feely (who does like a wolf that loves to cuddle and touch more than anything else). I like how even though he has those dominant tendencies, it isn't overkill. Its more of a gradual process as the relationship between Caleb and Anna develops more. Anna doesn't keep her past a secret because she likes it, she doesn't have a choice. She has suffered in the past, and has some underlying fears from her abusive husband that she is on the run from. I really liked Anna for the most part. It was quite comical seeing Anna interact with Caleb however. Anna's first instinct is to run and flee and be solitary, but you see as the story progresses how her objectives start to slowly shift. Despite her fears, you see how Caleb makes Anna feel safe and slowly starts to trust again.

I just loved the chemistry between Caleb and Anna. It was more of a gradual sexual tension between them, but I loved the way these two are with each other. For the most part of the books it was a fun and flirting game with Caleb and Anna, and the trust is slow and the love story was sweet. This authors writing is addictive and full of life. I definitely will need to watch out for this author more. A sweet love story that is addicting and amusing, characters to endear you, and a plot to thrill you!!! FANTASTICALLY WELL DONE!!