LoverofRomance

Last Kiss Goodnight

Last Kiss Goodnight - Gena Showalter It has been quite some time since I have read this author, and this series is very recent. So when I saw this on the bookshelf at my local library, I knew I needed to try it out. There hasn't been one book of Showalter I didn't like. So I was very intrigued by the blurb so when I started reading it, I knew that this would be a book I could sink my teeth into. Last Kiss Goodnight deals with seeing a world where paranormal creatures exist who have a variety of talents and abilities. I loved the way that Showalter sets the scene for this story to begin. The plot does pick up pace pretty quickly, so no slow start for this one. The romance that blooms between Vika and Solo is pretty quick but not too quick to throw you off. I felt like it was very sweet and tender, and even though there is a level of intensity to the story, the romance isn't so much. Its more slow and steady yet wonderful to witness their connection. The characters were very intriguing. Vika is deaf, but can read lips, and I loved seeing her character have a disability, it makes her seem more human. She seemed to me to be more passive at times, but definitely has a passion that becomes more evident as you read through the story. Overall a contagious romance that will set your heart at a faster speed, and take you on a adventure of passion, suspense, paranormal creatures, and a fantastically written story!!TOTALLY CAPTIVATING!!