LoverofRomance

Sophia

Sophia - D.B. Reynolds Sophia has been a vampire for three hundred years, and when her sire Lucien, disappears, with only a letter with instructions directed toward her, she follows his trail up to Washington State in the United States. For many years she has been wandering around South America, where she had fallen in love with Colin Murphy, but had to give him up. Now, entering Raphael's domain, with his vampires being killed, the hunt is on. Colin is a ex navy SEAL, and now does maintenance security for the area. When a friend of his, a vampire, his mate having been tortured, Colin is dragged into a world of danger and vampires and the reappearance of a woman he thought was dead all of these years, and is shocked to learn that she is a powerful vampire. But the danger is about to escalate when the killers, are after vampire blood, Sophia is in more danger than she realizes.

Sophia is the fourth installment in this amazing series that I am practically addicted to. I was able to get a ARC of this title, through Netgalley and ImaJinn Books. Sophia is a pretty intense filled story that will put you on the edge all the way through. The focus of it, is the vampires being killed, and Raphael being fully involved in the investigation. Now even though the blurb really states that the story is based solely on Sophia and Colin, that is not true. We see quite a bit of Rapahel and Cyn, and they both play major roles in this story. Especially in the beginning, there isn't much focus on the relationship between Sophia and Colin, that doesn't happen until the latter half of the story. I am not complaining, in the least, I just adore Raphael and Cyn. We definitely see some stumbling blocks in their relationship, and their fights of "dominance" were very amusing. I enjoyed seeing the fireworks between these two once again; it just never ends with these two. I LOVED IT!! Now I want to focus more on Sophia and Colin. Their relationship doesn't start out with rainbows, that's for sure. Sophia is shocked to see Colin again, and hides her true feelings from him. Colin feels hurt and betrayed that she never came clean with him from the very beginning. While this couple are trying to work out the major kinks out of their bond, danger escalates quite rapidly, and in some scenes, really shocked me and it got to the point where it was impossible to put this one down.

I really enjoyed the various elements that combined, made Sophia a explosive read that stuns you!! With plenty of action filled scenes, a mystery to solve, sexy vampires, enticing characters, and a story that wins you over!! SENSATIONAL!! (Now I can hardly wait to read Duncan, I have been waiting since the first book to read his story!!)