LoverofRomance

Marked By The Vampire

Marked By The Vampire - Cynthia Eden Originally Posted At My Site: Addicted To Romance
Received a ARC in return for a honest review.

Olivia has been studying the minds of killers for years, but those were human killers. Now she is determined to figure out why some werewolves and vampires go bad, and so she heads into "Purgatory" a prison for the rogues who kill with no remorse. On her journey across the ocean to the island where they are housed, she shares a boat with one of those headed to Purgatory. A vampire who takes her breath away and she instantly feels a connection to him, despite the fact that he could kill her at a instant. Shane, is undercover, trying to figure out what is going on at Purgatory, but never expected to meet Olivia or have to protect her when circumstances turn upside down, and Shane will have to use everything he has learned over the centuries to protect Olivia...his woman...his mate, who holds the key to saving the world or destroying it.

This is the first time I have had a chance to read from Cynthia Eden. So when I was offered a chance to read this book in exchange for a honest review...I just had to leap at this chance. Now I was expecting a story that I would probably like.....but I can say I am so IMPRESSED right now!!! I read this in a couple of hours, and the time just flew by. I just couldn't get enough of this story. It was everything I needed. The past couple books I have read didn't meet up to my expectations...so after reading this, I knew that this story was just perfect for me. Marked By The Vampire is the second book in the Purgatory series, and I will say that even though I would have liked to read the first book, I was fine without reading it when I was reading this installment. It can easily be read as a stand a lone if needed.

The story begins with Olivia meeting Shane for the first time. And oh boy I felt like my apartment could be lit up just by the chemistry they made by their eye contact. Their connection is instantaneous, sexy and hot!! You just might want to be prepared and bring a fire extinguisher for this one. There is so much passion, action and enough conflict, it might just stop your heart; and I LOVED every moment. Shane is that Alpha male you just want for yourself. Predatory, powerful, cunning and possessive as hell. Shane was such a compelling hero, and I loved the hero complex he tends to have...especially when it comes to Olivia. Olivia is feisty, sensual, smart, and isn't afraid to defend herself. I grew to really like her, and even though she could be a bit annoying at the end of the story, you don't mind too much, when she really handles what is thrown at her. I enjoyed the layout of the story, and the suspense and action never seemed to stop. Just when I thought Shane and Olivia get a break, something else gets thrown at them, and they seem to handle it just fine.

Overall a exciting and thrilling romantic tale with plenty of paranormal drama, emotional intensity and a love connection to make you want to immerse yourself in this story forever!! A author that I will definitely be reading more of. MAGNIFICENT!