LoverofRomance

Beauty and the Brit

Beauty and the Brit - Lizbeth Selvig I received a ARC copy in exchange for a honest review through Avon and Edelweiss.

Rio, has had to be the tough sibling and has had to carry them through the rough times. When a gang leader threatens them, and they lose their only home, Rio knows she has no other option except to take refuse on a horse farm in Minnesota, and its owner, David Pitts Matherson, who reminds her of a duke in England, with his rich British accent and his courteous ways. David has made a new life in Minnesota. After serving in the British Army in Iraq, and being discharge, and not feeling at home in his native country, he decided to buy some land and set up a horse ranch. Horses are everything to him until he meets Rio, a woman of resourcefulness, beauty, and integrity. At first he feels a attraction to her, but then he realizes that her passion and zest is what he needs. When his mother and ex fiancee shows up, things in his life really get twisted around, and Rio is his anchor. But he will have to decide what is more important to him and if Rio is his future.

Beauty and the Brit is a story from a new author to me. I was able to have the opportunity to read this, through Avon and Edelweiss. This was way different than what I was expecting. It was a story that was charming and original, and brought in issues that are very real. In the story we see issues that involve big city crime, and gangs and the effect they have on innocent people. In the beginning your heart just goes out to Rio and her sister Bonnie, who are tough as nails, but also have big dreams. They want to have a horse ranch of their own, and are willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen. Rio is driven, but you see how much she needs someone to lean on at times. Rio was such a fun character to see, and she was a fighter and is willing to battle whatever enemy lies in her path to get what she wants...a safe haven for herself and her sister, and to hold onto a man that she adores. David, is a hunk through and through. He is British, with a accent, and loves horses and the country life, he is also romantic and he is such a great match for Rio. He balances her out, and I felt like they really complemented each other well.

I don't get a chance to read contemporaries too often, but I really enjoyed the chance in read this one. It did take me longer than I expected it to take, it tended to drag a bit, but overall I really love this story. It was sweet, poignant and charming, with plenty of passion and chemistry. A story that can make you swoon!! DELECTABLE!!